TMA worked hand in hand with event coordinators Showpony Events and the City Renewal Authority to bring Wintervention 2021 to Canberra’s city centre. Following a haitus after COVID prevented the 2020 instalment from eventuating, the much beloved open-air ice-rink returned to Civic Square along with a variety of food, drink and market vendors. TMA assisted with a communication strategy, social channel management and digital marketing. Further, TMA created a B2B social toolkit and distributed regular EDMs to encourage businesses in the CIML area to engage with Wintervention and provide opportunities for Canberran’s to support local and make the most of our chilly winter.
In spite of a mandatory mask directive implemented on the third day of the event, Wintervention experienced some of its highest traffic to date with over 8,500 people visiting the festival over the three-week period.
Key highlights from Facebook campaigns and Wintervention website:
– Almost 13,000 unique visitors to the site
– Over 17,000 total sessions
– Almost 1000 visits to the Offers page
– Over 416,000 ad impressions
– Around 10,000 total clicks on our Facebook ads, including 2,945 link clicks to the website
– 857 event responses from the paid ads
August 19, 2021